Add a little colour to your table and a little extra fibre to your diet with this super simple beetroot, walnut and herb dip. Did you know that you can freeze cooked beetroot? So, if you want to impress friends who pop by unannounced, whip out your frozen beets, gently defrost them and then blitz this delightful beetroot dip up in a flash.
- 250g pack of cooked beetroot
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small bunch of coriander and parsley
- 50g shelled walnuts
- 3tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2tsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6, 400F/200C (180C fan).
- Roughly chop the beetroot and herbs and put in a food processor with the walnuts and garlic.
- Blitz this mixture until you have a course paste.
- Add the oil and vinegar to the processor and season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Taste to check the seasoning – you may need to add a little more vinegar if the beetroot are particularly sweet.
- Serve with your favourite gluten-free cracker or warmed gluten-free bread.
For more fabulous beetroot recipes visit www.lovebeetroot.com (Please note, not all the recipes on the love beetroot site are gluten-free).